Here comes the time of the year to call for the ever-delicious and classic good ol’ CNY cookies! 🏮🍪
To bake your perfect cookies, there’s honestly no bargain to use only the BEST butter out there. And oftentimes, we hear people say, “You’ll never go wrong with Lurpak Butter.”
- ½ cup LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER
- ½ cup
- 1¼ cups
All purpose flour
- ½ cup Ground almonds
- 2 drops Almond flavouring
- In a large bowl, cream together the LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, almond flavouring and almonds.
- Gradually mix in the flour until well blended.
- Drop a teaspoonful on ungreased with 2 inches apart.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cookies are lightly colored.
- 4 cups Powdered peanut
- 1 cup
- 1 cup
- 3 tbsp LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER
- 2 cups
- 1 cup Peanut
- Mix all ingredient except egg yolk.
- Once all mix together, it should be able to hold its shape but yet crumbly as you press it.
- Roll it out onto a flat surface with a rolling pin, use a flower cutter and cut into shapes.
- Place it into chiller to let it firm and then remove it and place onto baking tray.
- Egg wash with egg yolk and then bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- 240 g LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER
- 140 g
- 240 g
- 80 g
- 1 tsp
Vanilla A pinch of salt Crushed cornflakes for coating
- Cream LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER, sugar and salt until it is creamy and in light pale colour.
- Add in eggs until well combined.
- Add in all dry ingredients until it forms a dough.
- Use a teaspoon and scoop and roll it into crushed cornflakes.
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Bake it at 180°C for 12 minutes.
Salted Egg Yolk Cookie
- 2 Salted duck egg yolks
- 70 g LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER
- 25 g
- 80 g
- 9 g
- ¼ tsp
- 1 tsp Water
Black sesame seedsfor topping
- Steam the salted egg yolks for 10 minutes. Mash them into fine crumbs while still warm. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat LURPAK UNSALTED BUTTER and sugar together until creamy and a little bit light and fluffy.
- Sieve in flour, corn starch, and salt. Add the salted egg. Switch to a silicone spatula and mix it until it becomes a homogeneous dough. If the dough feels sticky on your finger, wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes until it is easier to handle. If not, continue to shaping.
- Place the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll into a thickness of 1/4-inch(0.5cm).
- Remove the upper sheet of paper. Cut-out as many pieces with a cookie-cutter. Transfer them onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Gather the leftover dough and repeat the rolling process. If using a 1¼'(3cm) flower cookie cutter, you shouldbe able to get at least 45 pieces.
- To make the egg wash, whisk the egg yolk and water together. brush it over the top of each cookie dough. Finally, top each with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Best Pandan Cupcakes
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!