Your stomach is suddenly making its call for food but A. you’re craving for sweet desserts and B. you’re not in the mood to stay in the kitchen for too long? Here are quick, easy desserts you can make just by using your favourite (microwaveable) mug!
Viral Oreo Mug Cake
- Pour in ¼ cup of milk and 4 Oreos in a mug before proceeding to crush them into pieces.
- Next, pour in 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of flour, ½ tsp of baking powder and 1 tsp of cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Put 1 Oreo into the mixture and push it down until it’s covered with the mixture.
- Microwave for 1 minute, then you’re done!
Nutella Mug Cake
- Pour in ¼ cup of milk, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour and ¼ teaspoon of baking powder in a mug. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in ¼ cup of Nutella and continue to whisk until the batter has no lumps.
- Microwave the cake for about 45-60 seconds till the cake looks set and dry but also fluffy to the touch.
- Optional: Top it off with whipped cream or powdered sugar.
Red Velvet Mug Cake
- Pour in flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt before proceeding to stir the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the buttermilk, oil, red food colouring and stir until it’s smooth.
- Drop 2 tbsp of white chocolate chips into the mixture and mix well before sprinkling a little bit more on top.
- Microwave it for 1 minute 15 seconds.
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- Pour in egg yolk, melted butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar and salt into a mug. Mix well.
- Next, pour 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour and ¼ tsp of baking powder along with 2 tbsp of chocolate chips. Continue to mix until it turns into a dough and then flatten it.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Optional: Place one scoop of vanilla ice cream to top off your Cookie in a Mug! It’s perfect when your cookie is still warm and fresh!
Moist Chocolate Cake
- Start pouring in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a mug. Stir the dry ingredients together.
- Pour in milk, canola oil, water and lastly, vanilla extract. Mix well until it’s smooth.
- Microwave it for 1 minute and 45 seconds.
- Optional: Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or sift some powdered sugar on top.
Mug cake recipes are appropriate when you’re in a hurry to get ready for a movie night or you’re just not in the mood to venture in too many ingredients baking recipes. Looking at all the recipes, they’re easy to make right? So, get started on your own mug cake and have a good rest of the day!