Halloween is so fun with dressing up and snacking on candy!
And what is more fun is having delicious snacks to enjoy later. So here are some easy, tasty and really creative Halloween Themed Snacks you can try to make!
1. Spooky Spider Eggs
A cool way to enjoy eggs! This is a twist on your classical deviled-eggs.
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of olives
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the yolks.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, add in mayonnaise, green onions, mustard and mix until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the hollow of each egg-white half.
- Slice olives into spider shaped legs and body. Simply decorate them on the eggs.
2. Pumpkin Cheese Ball
Who didn’t love a huge ball of different types of cheese combined?! HAHAHA. Use it a a dip for your favorite crackers.
- 311g goat cheese, softened
- 226g cream cheese, softened
- 500g cheddar cheese (any combo of yellow or white), shredded
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 braided pretzel (for stem of the pumpkin)
- 1 parsley leave (for of the pumpkin)
- In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients except for the pretzel and parsley.
- Then place it on a flat surface and start forming a ball or the shape of a pumpkin.
- Place the pretzel on top as the stem and the parsley leave.
- Decorate it with any crackers or biscuits of your choice all around the cheese ball pumpkin.
3. Mummy Dogs
These are so adorable! They will be loved by the younger ones.
- Bread dough
- Prepare your bread dough and slice it into thin slices, about 1cm wide.
- Wrap your hotdogs with the bread dough and then bake them in the oven for a few minutes.
- Then use mustard to decorate the hot dogs with eyes.
4.Worms in Dirt
From afar, it really does look like a pile of worms in dirt!! Scare your guests with these hahaha.
- Can of black beans
- Cut your hot dogs lengthwise into ½ inch thick strips.
- Boil your hot dogs until you start to see them curl up.
- Cook your black beans then chop them.
- Place the black beans on a tray with the hot dogs.
- Tuck some of the hotdogs into the beans to make them look like worms coming out of dirt.
5.Spinach Jack-O’-Lantern Hand Pies
A great way to get your kids to eat spinach! These treats are loaded with spinach and has a tasty savoury flavor!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and ground pepper
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon orange food coloring
- 400g pie pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pan over medium heat, add onion, a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook while stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and nutmeg and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Drain out the mixture to remove excess liquid.
- Coarsely chop the spinach mixture. Add it into a bowl with the ricotta and parmesan. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolk, 1 tsp. water, and 2 or 3 drops of food coloring. Set aside.
- Using a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut 8 pumpkins from the pastry. Spoon 1/4 cup spinach mixture on the centre. Sandwich it with another pumpkin. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- On a lined baking pan, brush the pumpkins with the colored egg wash. Make the jack-o’-lantern face into each.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
There you have it! 5 simple yet tasty Halloween Themed Snacks that you can whip up easily! Enjoy making and eating them with your family.