A good & memorable Christmas is something you can spend the other 364 days of the year dreaming about. Here are 7 dreamy desserts that will make your Christmas experience fabulous. These recipes will make it easier for you to prep and get ready with making tasty treats for your loved ones!
Soft and chewy ginger molasses cookie
- ¾ cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg and
- 1 tbsp Water
- ¼ cup Blackstrap molasses
- 2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- ¾ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground cloves
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Diced ginger candies (about 10 wheels)
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and 1 tbsp of water mix until well incorporated
- Add the remaining ingredients except raw sugar and blend until fully mixed
- Roll into a ball and coat it with raw sugar
- Bake in 180c oven for about 15-20 minutes
- 2 sticks Salted butter, softened
- ½ Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Egg yolks, stirred
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups All-purpose flour, sifted twice
- Green and red candied cherries, for topping
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and the zest and mix.
- Once mix add flour and mix again.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Once chill divide into 18 equal pieces and roll it into ball shape
- Add the cherries as topping and bake for 30 min in 180c oven.
Alton’s sugar snowflake cookies
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Meringue powder
- 6 tbsp Water, plus more to thin
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy
- Once fluffy add in milk and egg.
- Once fully incorporated add baking powder and flour.
- Roll the dough and cut into desired shape and bake in 180°c oven until golden
- Mix meringue powder with water and add desired colouring
- Decorate the cookies and let it dry for at least 1 hour.
- 2 cups Unbleached all-purpose flour (500ml)
- ¼ tsp Salt (1ml)
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, softened (250 ml)
- ¾ cup Sugar (180ml)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (5ml)
- 1 Egg
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla until fluffy
- Add egg and beat until fully incorporated
- Add flour and mix.
- Roll it into a log and chill in freezer for 1 hour
- Take it out and cut the log around 5 cm thick
- Bake in 180°c preheated oven until light golden brown.
Christmas yule log
For the Swiss Roll
- 6 large Eggs (separated)
- ⅔ cup Superfine/castor sugar
- 8 ounces Dark chocolate (60% cacao or greater)
- 4 tbsp Water
For the filling
- 1 ½ cups Double cream (or heavy cream)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Garnish : confectioners' sugar, chocolate sprinkles, or any other edible Christmas decorations.
- Separate the egg, combine egg yolk with sugar and beat until fully
- Melt the chocolate and add into egg mixture. Set aside
- Beat egg white until stiff peak and fold in with the egg yolk mixture. Transfer it onto a lightly greased parchment paper baking pan. Bake it in 220°c oven for 12-15 minutes
- For the filling beat the cream and vanilla until stiff peak. Store in chiller until it is ready to be used
- Take out the cake and let it cool. Once cool spread the whipped cream and roll. Chocolate Don't worry if it's craking. It suppose to be like that. Enjoy!
Elves chocolate balls
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter (chunky)
- 2 cup Rice kriespies
- 2 cup Confection sugar
- 2 cup Dark chocolate
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Add in the sugar and beat
- Pour in rice kriespies and then mix
- Make a ball and chill it in refrigerator
- Melt the chocolate and dipp the ball inside the chocolate
- Decorate it with sprinkles
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 nos Peppermint candy/ candy cane
- Beat the egg white until soft peak
- Add in sugar gradually and beat until stiff peak
- Add salt, and beat again.
- Transfer it into piping bag and pipe
- Crush the candy cane and sprinkle on top of the meringue
- Bake in 90°c oven for 45 minutes.
Get started on it and spread the love to your friends & family!
Did you love this information
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: 7 Creative Banana Desserts Recipes
Up Next: Triple Chocolate Chiffon Cake
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!