Make way! Here comes the King of Fruits!
Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying that the Durian is the most iconic Malaysian fruit. Check out these 7 delicious Durian recipes that will make all Durian lovers drool.
Durian Butter Cake
- 250 g Butter (1 cup)
- 170 g Caster sugar (¾ cup)
- 4 Egg
- 250 g Durian flesh (1 cup)
- 230 g Self raising flour (1 ¾ cups)
- ⅛ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Grease a baking pan. Preheat oven to 170C (338 F).
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in durian flesh. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and soda. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared mould. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.
Burnt Durian Cheesecake
- 130 g Durian flesh (blended)
- 200 g Cream cheese
- 20 g Icing sugar
- 30 g Condensed milk
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 Egg white
- 5 g Corn Starch
- 115 ml Whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 230 degree-Celsius
- Begin by mixing the cream cheese, condensed milk and icing sugar until the mixture is smooth. Then add cornstarch to increase overall thickness.
- Add the three egg yolks and one egg white gradually, making sure each yolk is beaten well before proceeding to add the blended durian flesh and whipping cream.
- Pour the final mixture into a cake tin lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the top gets slightly burnt.
- Let it cool to room temperature. Then pop it into the refrigerator to set for three hours.
Durian Steamed Muffins
- 120 gm Cake flour
- 2 Egg
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 5 tsp Raw sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Fresh durian pulp
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Mash the durian into a smooth paste. In a bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, sugar and mix them well.
- Then, add egg, oil, and milk into another bowl and beat them together using a hand blender or a whisk. Add the durian paste and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, and mix gently until all the ingredients blend together.
- Pour the batter in a baking paper-lined muffin pan or in paper cups made for muffins. Steam the muffins for 10 to 15 minutes in a steamer.
- Cool the muffins using a wire rack and store them in an airtight container.
Durian Ice Cream
- 1 cup Durian pulp (between 5-10 pieces of durian)
- ¾ cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- Run the durian pulp through a sturdy mesh strainer. Use the back of a large spoon to push the pulp through the strainer.
- Stir condensed milk into the strained durian pulp, mix well then set aside.
- Whip up the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Slowly pour the durian pulp mixture into the whipped cream. Gently whip until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- 1 box Pancake mix
- 30 ml Vegetable oil
- 300 ml Water
- 1 Egg (large)
- 500 g Durian flesh (mashed)
- Mix pancake mix, vegetable oil, water and egg in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Preheat a crepe pan. Pan is ready when drops of water sizzle and disappear.
- Fold mashed durian into the pancake mixture.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Cook for 1 ½ minute. When the bubbles at the edge of the batter pop and a hole is left which does not immediately close up, flip the cake gently.
- Cook the other side for 1 ½ minute or until golden.
- 1 cup Durian fruit
- 1 Banana
- 1 ½ cups Ice cubes
- ½ cup Water, milk, or soymilk
- 1 tbsp Condensed milk
- Place everything into a blender and blend until smooth, adding more condensed milk to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Crispy Durian Rolls
- 550 g Durian flesh
- 2 packets Vietnamese rice roll paper (the standard and the net version)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Place standard rice roll paper onto a damp piece of clean kitchen towel. Wet rice paper further with water using your fingers.
- Once softened, place a dollop of durian flesh onto it and roll it like a spring roll.
- Next add it to another net rice paper and do the same wrapping method but using the backing sheet as guidance so that it is easier to handle.
- Freeze it and then deep fried it till golden brown. Serve hot.
Are you daring enough to try ‘em?
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!