Name something that you can find in almost every restaurant and house in Malaysia!
….. Bingo! The answer is Milo!
We always use MILO Malaysia powder to make drinks, so why not change it up a little and make some desserts out of it too! Here are 8 simple and easy Milo recipes that you should try today!
- 1 ¾ cups Self-raising flour sifted
- ½ cup Milk choc bits
- ½ cup White choc bits
- 1 ¼ cups Milk
- 75 g Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Nestle milo
- 1 Egg
- Combine sifted flour and choc bits in a bowl.
- Combine milk, butter and Milo. Add to dry ingredients with lightly beaten egg, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into deep lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 slab Unsalted butter (250g), (at room temperature)
- 150 g Milo
- 1 packet Marie biscuits (original flavour; 298g) (break into quarters)
- 1 tin Condensed milk (80g)
- In a pot, melt butter, then add Milo and condensed milk. Stir over low fire until mixed through.
- Add Marie biscuits and ensure each piece is coated evenly.
- Pour mixture into tray, ensure it's pressed down tightly.
- Chill in fridge overnight or for a few hours before cutting into bite sized chunks.
- 170 g Plain flour
- 170 g Oil (any – vegetable, rice bran, grapeseed, coconut etc)
- 300 g Sugar
- 3 Egg
- 20 g Cocoa powder
- 60 g Milo
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon/spatula until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into square baking tin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the bench before cutting up into squares.
- 4 slices White bread
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Milo
- Butter the 2 slices of bread and spread sweetened condensed milk on the remaining 2 slices.
- Spread a tablespoon of Milo on I slice of buttered bread. Sandwich with the other slice of buttered bread. Repeat with bread spread with condensed milk.
- Slice off the crust on all sides with a very sharp knife. Cut the sandwich into half to form rectangles.
- Serve immediately.
Steamed Milo Lava Cake
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 4 tbsp Milo
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Hot water
- Mix the egg and sugar until the sugar melts. Then add in the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Dissolve the Milo in hot water then add it to the sugar mixture. Combine again.
- Add the flour. Mix until evenly combined. Put into moulds.
- Steam in a preheated steamer for about 8 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.
- ¼ cup Milo
- ¼ cup Ice cubes
- ¼ Milk
- 2 scoops Chocolate ice cream
- Put the ice cubes, chocolate ice cream, Milo and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour it in a glass.
- Add your favourite toppings and it is ready to be served!
Milk chocolate chip cookies
- 200 g Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 ½ cups Self-raising flour
- ¾ cup Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Milo
- Preheat oven 170 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and milo.
- Fold in flour and choc chips.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture on greased baking tray – allow for spreading.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
3 Ingredient Milo Ice Cream
- 6 sachet Milo powder
- 300 ml Condensed milk
- 500 ml Whipped cream
- 2 sachet Milo powder for toppings
- Pour the whipped cream (chilled overnight) into a bowl. Beat the cream until soft peak.
- Add in 300mI condensed milk, fold it in and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add in 6 sachet of milo, fold it with a spatula then mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a container and add milo powder on top. Chill overnight.
From ice cream to cakes, we bet you’re going to love it!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!