Do you still have some unfinished flour at home? Don’t throw it away! You can actually use it to make simple and delicious dishes. Here are 9 recipes that you can try with flour!
Chinese Fried Dough Sticks
- 200 g Flour
- 10 g Double-acting baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Cooking oil
- 100 ml Water
- Eggs (optional)
- Take the flour, double-acting baking powder, salt, cooking oil and eggs. Mix them with water.
- Knead until it becomes a smooth dough, wrap with a plastic wrap, leave it for 2-3 hours.
- Brush some oil on the board, put the dough on top and flatten it, cut into long strips, then stick 2 strips together. In the middle, use a wet chopstick to press it in.
- Put it in a hot oil pan and fry it at high temperature. Keep turning the dough sticks until it expands and is golden brown.
- 200 ml Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- After mixing all ingredients A evenly, add flour.
- Add flour to the dough and knead it until it doesn't stick to your hands. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small pieces, knead them into a ball, apply a layer of oil on the surface, and let it rest for 2 hours or more.
- Spread the dough out, the thinner the better, fold it in the left and right directions once, and then spread it out and fry it until slightly burnt.
Yogurt Egg Pancakes
- 125 g Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 75 g Flour
- 20 g Water
- White sugar
- Moderate amount of butter
- Mix all the ingredients (except the cooking oil) together and stir until there are no particles.
- Add oil to the hot pan, turn on a low heat and pour the batter. When you see that the surrounding area starts to change color, turn it over and cook on both sides!Note: If your yogurt is thick you should add water, until it is in an almost liquid state. The frying process must be on low heat. If the pan is too hot, you can turn off the fire and spread the batter.
Apam Balik/ Peanut Pancake
- 300 g Flour
- 3 Egg
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 420 ml Water
- Fried peanuts
- Prepare the filling, mix fried peanuts and 50g castor sugar.
- Pour the batter into a big bowl and mix it, let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Spread a layer of oil onto the pan, pour in the batter, cover it and fry on medium heat for I minute or until cooked.
- After it's cooked, put it on a plate and spread the filling on top, fold in half then it's done!
Traditional Chinese Pancakes
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- 7 ml Water
- Butter moderate amount
- Mix all ingredients together (except butter).
- Put some butter into the pan, pour in the batter and spread it, fry slowly on low heat.
- Flip it and fry until it's golden brown, then you can serve!
Thai Style Banana Pancakes
- 200 g Flour
- 100 g Boiling water
- 50 g Cold water
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Egg
- Butter (moderate amount)
- Chocolate sauce, condensed milk
- Add boiling water into the flour, mix it then add in cold water and butter to make into a dough, wake for 20 minutes then cut into 2, brush salad oil on top, then wake for another 1 hour.
- Take a small piece of the dough and pull until it's a thin crust.
- Put some butter into the pan, put in the crust and fry till transparent and bubbles appear, then pour in the banana pieces and egg mixture, spread it flat.
- Fold the round crust and continue to fry until golden on both sides, then take it out of the pan, cut into small pieces, and top with chocolate sauce and condensed milk.
Fried Potato Pancake
- Peel the potatoes and cut into shreds for later use.
- Take the eggs, flour, potato shreds, salt, and 2 small bowls of water, mix well.
- Heat the pan, then pour in some cooking oil, pour the batter into the pan, spread it out, and fry it over low heat.
- After one side is fried, remember to turn it back and forth until both sides turn golden brown!
Pumpkin Potato Pancake
- 1 Potato
- 200 g Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 2 spoons Flour
- Green onions (moderate amount)
- Sausage (moderate amount)
- Pepper and salt (moderate amount)
- Dice the sausage and set aside. Peel the potatoes and pumpkin and steam for 20 minutes.
- Mash the steamed potatoes and pumpkin, then add other ingredients (diced sausage, eggs, flour, chopped green onion, pepper, salt) and mix.
- Add a little oil to the hot pan, pour a spoonful of the stirred batter, spread it out in the pan, and fry the front and back sides until golden brown.
Chopped Green Onion Egg Pancake
- 2 Egg
- 70 g Flour
- Green onion (moderate amount)
- Water (moderate amount)
- Salt (moderate amount)
- Cooking oil
- Chop the green onions for later use, beat the eggs, add in the flour and mix well.
- Add chopped green onion and salt and stir well until yogurt-like.
- Add a little cooking oil to the hot pan, pour a spoonful of batter and spread it out.
- After it becomes solid, turn it over, stir fry twice, and it's done!
Super easy flour cooking recipes to prevent wastage! Have fun making them!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Dobos Torte Recipe
Up Next: Creative OREO Dessert Recipes
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!