Sometimes we have this intense craving for pretzels but we’re too lazy to travel to the nearest mall to get some delicious pretzels right? Don’t worry, this viral recipe by Echot Aisyah Meor Zahid that was posted on Facebook is super easy and require simple ingredients!
Best and Simple Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Warm the milk in the microwave or on the stove for less than a minute (Don’t boil it, just make sure it’s warm).
- Add in the yeast and mix for around 3 minutes or less.
- Add in the butter and sugar.
- Add in the flour a cup by cup before adding the fine salt.
- Knead it in the mixer with a dough hook or with your hands for around 10 minutes.
- Add the dough to a bowl greased with oil. Cover it and let it sit for an hour.
- Once the dough expands twice the size, punch the dough to make sure the air releases.
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC.
- Divide the dough into 12 sections and knead each until it’s long.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the baking soda and warm water.
- Shape the dough into a pretzel and dip them into the baking soda mixture.
- Place the pretzels on a tray with parchment paper and drizzle with coarse salt.
- Bake the pretzels for about 7-10 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
- Dip the pretzels into the melted butter when it’s still hot, and you can serve with your choice of sauce to dip in! Like Salted Caramel Sauce, which you can check out here!
Source: Echot Aisyah Meor Zahid on Facebook