Penang is a food paradise in Malaysia and it is no surprise that the island becomes even more lively during Ramadan. Throughout the month, bazaar Ramadan or Ramadan night markets pop up across the island, offering a vast array of delicious local delicacies and seasonal treats for iftar or the breaking of the fast.
The bazaars are bustling with people and energy, with street vendors selling everything from Malay, Indian, Chinese and even Western food. Visitors can find everything from Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai, Satay, Grilled seafood, and traditional Kuih to freshly squeezed juices and sweet desserts. With so many food choices available, it is no wonder that the bazaar Ramadan in Penang is a must-visit destination for locals and tourists during the holy month. Here are the 60 best bazaars Ramadan in Penang.
How To Find The Best Bazaar Ramadan in Penang?
Do you have a hard time determining which bazaar to visit while in Penang? There are a few methods to find the best bazaar during Ramadan. You can consider the foods available at the bazaar, read the feedback and ask the opinions of the locals as they are the ones that know the crook and nook of the state.
What Is The Best Time To Visit Bazaar Ramadan?
The best time to visit the bazaar during Ramadan is in the late afternoon or early evening, usually after 5 pm. This is when the vendors are preparing to break their fast, and the crowds start to gather to purchase food for their own iftar meals.
60 Best Bazaars Ramadan in Penang 2023
1. Bazaar Ramadan Seberang Perai
- Taman Sri Delima Juru
- Bazar Sungai Bakap, Bandar Tasek Mutiara
- Bazar Bertentangan Masjid Abdullah Fahim, Bertam
- Nibong Tebal
- Kampung Surau Seberang Jaya
- Pokok Sena
- Alma – Tapak Pasar Malam
- Tapak Kompleks Tasik Gelugor
- Taman Desa Murni, Sungai Dua
- Bukit Mertajam (Belakang Mahkamah Syariah)
- Parit Busuk, Kubang Semang
- Bandar Perda
- Maklom, Sungai Dua
- Kepala Batas, Pekan Lama
- Taman Pauh Indah
- Taman Arowana
- Bazar Teluk Air Tawar
- Bazar Taman Penaga
- Parkir Kereta Pasar Seberang Jaya
- Medan Selera Simpang Ampat
- Medan Selera Taman Siakap – hadapan SP Arena
- Taman Jawi Indah
- Bazar Ramadhan Jawi
- Sungai Acheh
- Butterworth, Padang Bandaran
- Padang Menora Tasek Gelugor
- Jalan Bagan Dalam
- Pekan Darat
- Jalan Mohd Saad Taman Desa Murni
- Jalan Pokok Tampang Tasek Gelugor
2. Bazaar Ramadan Pulau
- Penang General Hospital
- Little India
- Taman Tun Sardon
- Teluk Bahang
- Bayan Baru
- Balik Pulau
- Bayan Lepas
- Jalan Makloom
- Sebelah Masjid Sungai Nibong
- Sungai Ara (Jalan Kg Baru)
- Tanjung Tokong
- Bandar Perda Teluk Kumbar
- Kampung Melayu Air Itam
- Teluk Kumbar (Tapak Pasar Malam)
- Kompar Walk
- Batu Maung
- Kompleks Bukit Jambul
- USM (Asrama)
- Taman Pekaka SG 2 (USM)
- Masjid Terapung Tanjung Bungah
- Batu Feringghi
- Tanjung Pinang court Tanjung Tokong
- Flat Kampung Melayu
- Teluk Kumbar (Sg batu)
- Batu Maung
- Kampung Jawa Bayan Baru
- Permatang Damar Laut (Sungai Tiram)
- Taman Tun Sardon Simpang 3
Many vendors at bazaar Ramadan are small business owners or individuals selling homemade goods. By purchasing from them, visitors support the local economy and help these vendors make a living. This is one of many reasons why people go to bazaar Ramadan.
While we understand that everything may look tempting when you are fasting, it is important to make wise purchasing decisions to prevent food waste.
Grab Your Complimentary Lazada Voucher 【Here】
Tons of Shopee Cashback Deals 【Here】
Disclosure: This list was compiled by the team at My Weekend Plan after extensive research and shared opinions to suggest helpful recommendations for the public. The sequence of brands is in no particular order so if you have any other great suggestions too, please email us [email protected]. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright, privacy & disclosure policy.