Image credit: cookerru
This is another one that’s quite popular amongst the youngsters. It’s Dalgona Milk Tea! Use black tea of your choice that is boiled together with brown sugar to create a syrup. This syrup is then added to the egg white foam. (You can replace egg whites with aquafaba or heavy whipping cream)
Depending on your preferences, you can add tapioca pearls at the bottom, then a handful of ice and pour in some milk. The foam mixture is then poured over gently.
Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea
- [Optional] To prepare the boba, bring 2 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add the tapioca pearls and reduce the heat to medium. Cook tapioca pearls until softened, for about 20 minutes or according to package instructions. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the tapioca pearls once they have reached the desired texture, and transfer them into a cup.
- In a small pot, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil. Add black tea bags and remove from heat. Steep for about 6 minutes and remove tea bags/leaves. Add brown sugar, and boil for about 8-10 minutes until it reaches a thick syrup consistency. Cover and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg white and mix on high with a hand mixer for about 3-4 minutes, until soft peaks form and it reaches a frothy consistency.
- Slowly add the warm syrup into the egg mixture while continuously mixing.
- In a cup (with boba if desired), add a handful of ice, milk, and top with the brown sugar tea foam. Mix well and enjoy!
Recipe credit to My Weekend Plan