Image credit: divascancook
Now why settle for a normal cake when you can also have a cake pop! It’s so adorable and easy to have like a lollipop! Pretty sure it’s going to be your kids favourite. Plus, you can go wild again with the colors and toppings.
- ½ of a 9×13 Devils food box cake
- 2 boxes Premium white chocolate
- 2 big spoons Chocolate Frosting
- cake pop sticks
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
- Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet still slightly crumbly.
- Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare all of your decorating supplies.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer.
- Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Stick the decorated cake pop into a styrofoam block to finish setting.
- Place into the freezer to speed up setting time.
- Cover with a clear treat bag & ribbon for gift giving, if desired.
- Store in a cool area in a single layer, in an airtight container.
Recipe credit to My Weekend Plan