Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 320 g (9 oz.) All-purpose flour
- 80 g (3 oz.) Corn starch
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 250 g (9 oz.) Unsalted butter
- 120 g (4 oz.) Fine sugar + 100 g (3.5 oz.) Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 250 g (9 oz.) Chocolate chips
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) Chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (375°F).
- Combine the flour, corn starch and baking soda in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat well. Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Stir in cocoa powder, chocolate chips and chopped almonds. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet or parchment paper. You may also use a small round ice cream scoop to shape the cookies.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on wire racks before serving.