If you love coconut and lime flavoured combination, this is the perfect recipe just right for you!
This cake gives you a tropical feel that with just a bite of this cake, instantly it brings you to to the beach! This tropical coconut cake served with a zesty lime buttercream brings out the best tropical flavour.
Coconut Lime Cake
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer/ Stand mixer
- Round Cake Pan 8” x 8” x 3”
- 100 g Desiccated Coconut
- 82 ml Coconut Milk (A)
- 95 g Butter
- 210 g Castor Sugar
- 5 nos Eggs
- 310 g Self Raising Flour
- 155 ml Coconut Milk (B)
- 150 g Butter
- 200 g Icing Sugar
- 3 nos Lime (Zest & Juice)
- Combine the desiccated coconut and the coconut milk (A) in one bowl, and leave the coconut to absorb the liquid for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 170°C, and grease and line a 8” round cake tin.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until the color changes to a pale yellow shade.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, and always scrape the side of the bowl between each addition.
- Mix in the self raising flour and the coconut milk (B) alternately into the batter until well combined.
- Mix in the milk soaked desiccated coconut into the mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake tin, and bake for 35 minutes at 170°C, until cooked through and golden.
- Once the cake is done, transfer the cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy and slowly add the icing sugar into the mixture.
- Add in the lime zest and juice, and mix it well.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake, and sprinkle with some lime zest on top.
- Ready to serve!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Triple Chocolate Mousse Recipe