Congo Bars is a popular dessert in the Southeastern country which is known as Blondies. They come out chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside. It is similarly like chocolate chip cookie but it is in bar shaped sized and thicker.
There are many varieties of Congo Bars but in this recipe we will be using Chocolate Chips and Almond Flakes.
- 10 x 10 inch Baking Tray
- Hand mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 315 gm All Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 150 gm Butter
- 300 gm Brown Sugar
- 3 pcs Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 250 gm Chocolate Chips
- 150 gm Almond Flakes – Optional
- Prepare a 10 x 10 inch baking tray lined with parchment paper, a mixer, bowl, sieve and spatula.
- Take some oil or butter and grease your baking tray. Then cut the parchment paper to the baking tray’s size and stick the paper on it.
- Sift your dry ingredients which are flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine butter and sugar. Using a mixer, start creaming the ingredients until it is well combined and the colour slightly changes to pale.
- Then, add eggs. Add in one at a time to the mixture. Mix with low speed in between each addition.
- After that, add vanilla and mix again.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until they are combined.
- Then, add in chocolate chips and give it a stir until they are well combined.
- Take your baking tray and pour in the cake batter. Using a spatula, make sure the cake batter spread evenly. Then, sprinkle the almond flakes on top!
- Now the congo bar is ready to bake at 170°c for 35 minutes or until the surface turns to golden brown.
- After it is baked, let the congo bars cool down for at least 60 minutes before you cut it.
- Lastly, after the congo bars completely cooled, cut the congo bars into small squares and it is ready to eat!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Tiramisu In Cups To Eat