Image credit: My Latina Table
They’re rich, crispy, and delicious, and surprisingly sweet. However, something about breading them in a flavorful coating and deep-frying them in a vat of oil brings out the delicious flavours hidden inside. They come in a variety of sizes, from giant to tiny, and are a favourite at burger joints all over the world. That’s right, we’re talking about onion rings. Try making your own crispy onion rings with this easy recipe.
Crispy Onion Rings
- Rinse the onion and cut into approximately ¼ inch or 0.6 cm rings
- Carefully separate the rings from each other (setting aside the smaller ones for other recipes)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and paprika in a medium bowl.
- Coat each onion ring in the flour mixture and set it aside.
- Combine the remaining flour mixture that you coated the onions with, with the milk, egg, and salt and beat well until no lumps remain.
- Coat each onion ring in the above mixture and shake away the excess.
- Coat each onion ring in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the onion rings in a fryer or a pot with oil.
- Enjoy it with hot sauce or any dippings of your choice.
Recipe credit: My Latina Table