- 3 Very ripe medium bananas (around 225g / 8oz peeled weight)
- 3 large Free-range eggs
- 100g / 3 ½ Light brown sugar
- 150ml / 5fl Sunflower or vegetable oil
- 275g / 9 ¾ White self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Mash banana into a rough, small, chunky puree and mix with some oil.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and sugar until it is fluffy.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and slowly fold it into the egg mixture.
- Lastly, fold in the banana mixture.
- Transfer it into a baking loaf pan and decorate it with banana slices.
- Bake in an 180c oven for 35 minutes or until the cake meets the'toothpick test', where the toothpick comes out clean.
Let us know if you try out this recipe — tag us on social media @myweekendplan or leave a comment below!.
Why this recipe is great? It’s a very light and simple, yet delicious cake.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!