- 3 Very ripe medium bananas (around 225g / 8oz peeled weight)
- 3 large Free-range eggs
- 100g / 3 ½ Light brown sugar
- 150ml / 5fl Sunflower or vegetable oil
- 275g / 9 ¾ White self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Mash banana into a rough, small, chunky puree and mix with some oil.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and sugar until it is fluffy.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and slowly fold it into the egg mixture.
- Lastly, fold in the banana mixture.
- Transfer it into a baking loaf pan and decorate it with banana slices.
- Bake in an 180c oven for 35 minutes or until the cake meets the'toothpick test', where the toothpick comes out clean.
Let us know if you try out this recipe — tag us on social media @myweekendplan or leave a comment below!.
Why this recipe is great? It’s a very light and simple, yet delicious cake.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Day 19: Deco Paste
Up Next: Day 21: Brownies
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!