- 1 recipe of any pie crust
- 1 nos lemon zest
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 kg granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp milk, for brushing on pie
- 1 tbsp beaten egg, for brushing on pie (optional)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, for topping pie
- Cut out the core and cut the apple into wedges.
- In a pan or saucepan add the apple, lemon zest, butter, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt cinnamon and nutmeg and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir gently until the batter becomes thick.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool before storing it in the chiller for at least for 4 hours.(It is recommended to chill it overnight).
- Once chilled, roll the pastry and fill in the fillings. Cover it with another layer of pastry.
- Brush it with milk and egg.
- Top it off with brown sugar.
- Bake in an 180c oven for 50 minutes.
You can go wild and use your creativity to make a beautiful pie crust design.
Let us know if you try out this recipe — tag us on social media @myweekendplan or leave a comment below!
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Day 24: Sanding Method
Up Next: Day 26: Custard Dessert
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!