Did you know that the cheesecake is not a cake? It is actually custard pudding flavoured with cream cheese. There are tons of cheesecake recipes with different methods to make it. The most popular cheesecake that created the cheesecake phenomenon was the New York Cheesecake, where the crust was made from graham crackers. The taste was mind blowing. As time flashed by, the oreo crust has now become one of the favorites.
New York Cheesecakes are a little bit different than the OG Cheesecake. The OG Cheesecake is made only by using straight oven baking, but the New York Cheesecake is baked in a water bath method oven. Hence, there is a golden brown top with creamy yellow exterior on the outside.
- 300 g Graham cracker coarsely blend
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 65 g Unsalted butter, melted
- 900 g Full-fat cream cheese
- 225 g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 4 Large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 120 ml Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- For the crust, combine all ingredients and pat it down with a bowl to make it compact
- Bake in a 180c preheated oven for 12 minutes
- Take it out and cool completely
- For the cheesecake batter. Loosen up the cream cheese using a stand mixer, with a paddle attachment on speed number 1.
- In another bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients together until there are no lumps.
- Add in the mixture into the stand mixer batch by batch until it is fully incorporated.
- Do not increase the speed because we want to incorporate less air as much as possible.
- Once fully mixed, sift and transfer it on top of the crust.
- In an oven, prepare a bowl of hot water and set aside in the oven.
- Slot in the cheesecake beside the hot bowl of water.
- Let it bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 150c.
Let us know if you try out this recipe — tag us on social media @myweekendplan or leave a comment below!
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!