Drum rolllllll! It’s the Dobos Torte!
An almond sponge cake covered with French Chocolate and caramel, it is sweet perfection. This tall tower of chocolatey goodness is going to be simply irresistible!
So use that lonely unfinished milk sitting in your fridge. Give it some love hehe!
- 175 g Almond paste
- 175 g Egg yolk
- 117 g Sugar
- 175 g Cake flour
- 262 g Egg white
- 3 g Salt
- 87 g Sugar
- Combine almond paste, egg yolk, sugar and beat until it is fluffy or thick. Set aside
- In another bowl combine egg white, salt and sugar and beat until stiff peak.
- Add the first mixture into the flour and stir until well combined.
- After that fold in the egg white little by little.
- Continue folding until all the egg white mixture finished
- Transfer the batter into x 3 5" inch cake pan equally.
- And bake in 200 c oven for about 8-12 minutes or until toothpick came out clean.
- Cool the cake. Once cool by using cake leveler, try to get total at least 9 layer of the cake. So each cake pan will get 3 cake layer.
- Reserve one layer for decoration.
French Chocolate Buttercream
- 500 g Sugar
- 120 g Water
- 180 g Egg yolk
- 600 g Butter
- 180 g Melted premium chocolate
- In a pot add water and sugar and boil until it reaches 117c.
- In a bowl beat egg yolk until foamy and add the hot syrup little by little
- Beat until its room temperature about 30c.
- Add butter and once fully incorporated add the chocolate.
- Continue beating until fully combined.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 200 g Whipped cream
- 150 g Sugar
- 75 g Salted butter
- Using dry method, pour in sugar in a pan and let it melf.
- Once melt stir for a bit and let the temperature reach 193c.
- Once it reach the desired temperature pour in the cream and butter.
- Stir until it thicken.
- 100 g Almond flakes
- Take a slice of the layer cake and cut it into 8 triangle.
- Brush the salted caramel sauce on top of the triangle and freeze it until it is ready to be used.
Every dessert lover should definitely try out the Dobos Torte recipe!
Did you love this information
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!