Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
- ¼ cup Butter (softened at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Plain whole milk greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Fresh Strawberry Frosting or frosting of choice
- Prepare the Fresh Strawberry Frosting and place into the fridge. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a handheld electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream, vanilla, and milk. (You can also use a blender for that part.)
- Slowly add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir gently until just combined.
- To make more modest sized cupcakes for younger kids: Fill prepared paper liners about ½ full. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
- To make more standard size cupcakes: Fill 9 cupcake liners with about ¼ cup batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
- Remove from oven. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, remove the frosting from the fridge. Snip off one corner of the bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish with a slice of berry, if desired, and serve immediately.