Image credit: Nyonya Cooking
During Ramadan, the Tepung Pelita is one of the most sought-after Kueh. Every year, if you arrive late to the Ramadan bazaar, you will miss out because this Kueh sells out in the blink of an eye. Most people believe that making this Kueh is difficult, but it is actually quite simple. Continue reading because we’re about to share this delectable dessert with you!
Easy Tepung Pelita
- Blend pandan leaves with water, then strain to obtain pandan extract. Cook pandan extract over medium heat. Add sugar and using a hand whisk, stir for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Continue stirring while adding rice flour, a few spoonfuls at a time. Do not stop stirring to avoid clumping. Cook until it thickens. The batter should be producing some steam at this point of time.
- Scoop some pandan batter into containers of your choice. The batter should fill up ⅔ of each container. Repeat until the batter finishes.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar on the pandan layer in each container. This will create a thin layer of sugar syrup once the hot coconut milk layer is added to it.
- Prepare white layer by heating coconut milk in a pot over medium heat.
- Then, add rice flour and salt. Keep stirring until it thickens. The batter should be steaming once it is ready.
- Immediately pour the batter over the pandan layer in each container. Best served chilled.
Recipe credits: Nyonya Cooking