I think we need to start acknowledging that sandwich wraps are one of the easiest meals we can make. It’s quick, super underrated and let’s admit, better than breakfast cereal. It’s the second best sandwich after the regular sandwich of course. We should really start bringing them back and make ‘sandwich wraps’ known as the best meal for every hour. If you’re running out of ideas on what food to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner, we got you covered with these 5 easy tortilla wrap recipes!
- For marinating, put the chicken breasts into a bowl and add in the cloves of garlic, salt, black pepper and white pepper powder before mixing them all together.
- Next for the chicken coating, add in the corn flour, wheat flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl. Crack an egg in a separate bowl before beating them. Coat your chicken breasts into the flour mixture and the egg before frying them in oil for five minutes.
- Once done, set them on a plate for a few minutes before frying them again until golden brown.
- For the salad, gather all of the veggies (except for lettuce) in one bowl and add in the thousand island sauce and mayonnaise before mixing them well.
- Heat up your tortilla on a frying pan for a while before placing them on a plate.
- Place the lettuce on top along with cheese slices, the chicken and the veggies. Last but not least, wrap them up and now you’re done!
- Start cutting your fresh lettuce as you would. After that, move on to cooking your meatloaf chicken (or honestly, whatever you’d like to put on there to make your kind of breakfast burrito) and egg however you like, I prefer sunny side up!
- Prepare your tortilla wrap on a plate and cut from the edge of the tortilla to the middle with a pair of scissors. This will make it easier for you to fold your tortilla later.
- Place the lettuce, cheese, meatloaf chicken and egg on every quarter of the tortilla and wrap them up. Use the gif below as guidance!
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas before mashing them. Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, black pepper and turmeric powder before stirring them altogether.
- Cut your choice of veggies, for this recipe, we will go for celery, red pepper and basil. Set them aside.
- Take out your tortilla wrap and cut it from the edge to the middle of the wrap using a pair of scissors.
- Place your mashed chickpeas, veggies and cheese on every quarter of the wrap.
- Then, wrap it up. The previous cutting definitely makes it easier for you to wrap your tortilla. Optional: Fry your veggie wrap in a sandwich maker for the tortilla to become crispy along with melted cheese inside!
Black Pepper Beef Wrap
- Black pepper sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Heat up oil in a pan and slice the garlic into small cubes. Finely minced before frying them.
- After a while, add in the beef. Wait for it to dry up a little before adding a little bit of water.
- Add in the black pepper sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Optional: Sprinkle just a little bit of salt, not too much as everything else is salty already. Again, this is optional. You don’t have to if you don’t want to add.
- Add in a little bit of water to make sure the beef gets tender and fry until there’s no more soup in the pan.
- Fry the tortilla wrap on a different pan before adding veggies and the beef black pepper.
- Add your choice of sauces such as chilli or thousand island, as well as mayonnaise. Now, wrap and serve!
Super Easy Egg Wrap
- Tortilla wrap
- Your choice of vegetables
- Black pepper powder
- Your choice of sauce
- Crack the eggs and beat them in a bowl, and sprinkle some black pepper powder.
- Heat up the frying pan and add in the egg mixture, let it sit in the pan for a few seconds before placing the tortilla wrap on top of the egg.
- Let it cook for a minute before flipping it over. Once you’re done cooking, place the now egg-tortilla onto a plate before adding your choice of veggies and other ingredients that you would like to add in.
- Don’t forget your mayonnaise and sauces for better taste! Wrap it up, and you’re done!
Now you’ve discovered the best meal that can be devoured throughout any hour of the day, start buying those tortilla wraps and use it for good with these simple recipes! It’ll definitely fill your stomach up. Chef’s kiss!