Image credit: Taste of Home
Watermelon on a hot day? What about lemonades to beat this heat? What about a combination of those two? Try making this easy watermelon lemon cream tarts and feel refreshed with every bite! The harmonious balance between the flavours will make you crave for more. Give it a go and see how you’ll like it.
Frozen Watermelon Lemon Cream Tarts
- 2 cups Cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup Fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp
- 1½ tsp Grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Sliced almonds (toasted)
- Halved lemon slices (optional)
- Line eight muffin cups with paper liners. Puree watermelon in a food processor; then divide among prepared cups. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Mix yogurt, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice together.
- Spoon over the watermelon layer and sprinkle with almonds.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- If desired, top with lemon slices before serving.
- To toast nuts, cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally
Recipe credit: Taste of Home