Basic can be a good thing too alright, just like Homemade Basic Buns haha! Nothing is better than having some soft fluffy buns, right out of the oven, to go with your coffee or tea. Plus, you could customize the bun filings and shapes in this recipe to your liking.
For 1KG dough
- 230 g Warm
- 100 g
- 15 g
- 20 g Bread Softener
- 20 g Black Treacle
- 585 g Bread Flour
- ½ tbsp
- 85 g
- 140 g
- (for plain bun : weight 50g each)
- In a stand mixer, add the Bread Softener, sugar, salt, black treacle, egg, and milk mix it till well combined
- Then, add butter and continue mix until the surface is smooth, not sticky, and the dough is elastic.
- Then, rise the dough 1 ½ hours.
- Then, once the dough had rise, knead the dough, and give a light punch on the dough to take out the excessive bubbles.
- Then knead again until the surface is smooth (around 6 minutes).
- Weight and shape the dough as needed (depends on the types of the buns).
- Place it and proof for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough, spread the peanut butter and roll the dough
- Egg was the surface, decorate and bake it at 218°C until the bun is done.
P/s: We made the buns with a Kenwood Malaysia mixer. It is sturdy and well designed, capable of kneading bread dough with ease due to its large power. Get your own and have the easiest bread making experience ever!
We collaborate with Kenwood to create this awesome recipe.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Rocher Truffle Cake Recipe
Up Next: Tau Foo Fah (Soy Bean Pudding) Recipe
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!