Can anyone possibly resist a freshly baked famous Amos cookie especially with a glass of ice-cold milk?
Many people have heard and LOVE Famous Amos cookies that call out to you as you walk through the busy shopping centers from the sweet scent of caramelized cookies that wafts into your nose.
So here we are bringing you this recipe to have your own Famous Amos cookies in the comfort of your own home and the delicious freshly baked cookie smell lingering around your house.
Homemade Famous Amos Cookies
- 250 g Butter
- 1 ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 nos Egg
- 6 tbsp Cooking Oil
- ½ cup Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Almond nibs/ Almond flakes (optional)
- Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence and egg together. Mix lightly using hand or spatula for 1 to 2 min.
- In the same bowl, add all purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and cooking oil, Continue mixing slowly, avoid overstirring.
- Add chocolate chip
- Mix again slowly until the mixture is well combined.
- Add in almond nibs, almond flakes, cornflakes or nestum according to your liking (optional)
- Cool the mixture in fridge for 30 min until they harden abit.
- Spread the tray with butter. Pinch the mixture abit and arrange in tray, remember social distancing is important hehe ^^.
- Preheat the oven in 150°c. Then, bake the cookies for 20 min.
- The cookie dough is starting to expand, do not open the oven while baking to prevent failure.
- Tadaa! Famous Amous cookies is done. Wait until they cool! down to taste the cruchyness of the cookie, Happy baking!
Try out the recipe, we are sure you will love it hehe!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: All About Chocolate
Up Next: Fudge Chocolate Terrine
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!
Can I have the measurements in grams pls ?. Thank you in advance