Another delicious ingredient made from soybeans is tofu! Soft, crumbly and filling, tofu is a great addition to your dishes! So spend some time making your own homemade tofu because it is very easy to make at home!
Homemade Tofu Recipe
- 300 ml Soy Milk
- 250 ml Water
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- Heat the soymilk to 71 degrees Celsius or heat it up till it boils while stirring.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 3 minutes. Stir when it cools down.
- Mix the vinegar and 250 ml of water in another bowl.
- Add half of the vinegar and stir it well for a few seconds.
- Stop the circling motion of the soymilk.
- Add the rest of the vinegar.
- Gently mix the soy milk in a back and forth motion.
- Cover the pot and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the curdle using a cheesecloth.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Shape the curds in the cloth.
- Weigh it down by compressing it with something heavy.
- Let it be for an hour.
- Unwrap the cloth and dip it in cold water for a few seconds.
- Use the homemade recipe for soy milk to make the soy milk in this recipe. Store-bought soy milk can’t curdle well to make tofu.
- Instead of vinegar, you may use lemon juice. But ensure your lemon juice is sour enough to curdle the soy milk.
- For mixing, use a wooden spoon or spatula. Metal spoons may react with the acidity.
- Don’t stir the curdle too much. Mix just enough to incorporate the vinegar well.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: How To Make Soy Milk