Another delicious ingredient made from soybeans is tofu! Soft, crumbly and filling, tofu is a great addition to your dishes! So spend some time making your own homemade tofu because it is very easy to make at home!
Homemade Tofu Recipe
Soft, crumbly and filling, tofu is a great addition to your dishes! Make sure to store in a container filled with clean cold water. Keep it in the refrigerator.
- 300 ml Soy Milk
- 250 ml Water
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- Heat the soymilk to 71 degrees Celsius or heat it up till it boils while stirring.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 3 minutes. Stir when it cools down.
- Mix the vinegar and 250 ml of water in another bowl.
- Add half of the vinegar and stir it well for a few seconds.
- Stop the circling motion of the soymilk.
- Add the rest of the vinegar.
- Gently mix the soy milk in a back and forth motion.
- Cover the pot and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the curdle using a cheesecloth.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Shape the curds in the cloth.
- Weigh it down by compressing it with something heavy.
- Let it be for an hour.
- Unwrap the cloth and dip it in cold water for a few seconds.
- Use the homemade recipe for soy milk to make the soy milk in this recipe. Store-bought soy milk can’t curdle well to make tofu.
- Instead of vinegar, you may use lemon juice. But ensure your lemon juice is sour enough to curdle the soy milk.
- For mixing, use a wooden spoon or spatula. Metal spoons may react with the acidity.
- Don’t stir the curdle too much. Mix just enough to incorporate the vinegar well.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: How To Make Soy Milk