Yes. Can I just say wow at the beauty and delicacy of Mooncake.
Some people cut the mooncake into bite-sized pieces, while others just grab it whole and eat it like an apple.
Did you know that these fist-sized pastries have more than just a yummy taste? They are also high in calories.
Here are the calorie counts for 5 popular mooncakes.
1. Lotus seed mooncake (716 kcal) = 5 fried chicken drumsticks (600 kcal)
2. Red bean mooncake (825 kcal) + 2 chocolate sundaes (660 kcal)
3. Snow skin mooncake (825 kcal) = 3 pizza slices (900 kcal)
4. Lotus seed with 1 egg yolk mooncake (788 kcal) = 1 plate of char kuey teow (741 kcal)
5. Lotus seed with 2 egg yolk mooncake (860 kcal) = 2 plates of nase lemak (800 kcal)
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!