Smooth like butter! That’s how easy it is to make your own homemade butter! With just two ingredients, you’ll get freshly made butter in less than 20 minutes. So try out this simple recipe at home!
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Few Tablespoons of Cold Water
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a mixer.
- Mix it at medium speed until the butter separates with its buttermilk. (about 6 minutes).
- Add ice water into the mixer.
- Mix it again until the butter fully separates from the buttermilk.
- Strain the butter.
- Squeeze any excess buttermilk.
- Use heavy whipping cream with high fat content. The higher, the better.
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is still cold when you mix it. It helps with the separation of buttermilk.
- The addition of the cold water is important to help separate the buttermilk from the butter.
- You can add some flavouring into your butter such as salt, sugar, lemon zest, herbs and more! Add the flavourings after squeezing the buttermilk.
Time to try out this recipe at home now!
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: How To Make Almond Milk