Remember when some Malaysians went chaotic when cream cheese was out of stock? No need to worry, because if cream cheese went out of stock again, make your own homemade cream cheese! All you need is milk, vinegar, olive oil and salt!
Cream Cheese Recipe
No need to worry, because if cream cheese went out of stock again, make your own homemade cream cheese! All you need is milk, vinegar, olive oil and salt!
- Measuring cup
- 500 ml Pasteurized Whole Milk
- 18 ml White Vinegar
- Add the milk to the pot and let it boil with medium heat.
- Lower the heat to low heat and add the vinegar
- Turn off the heat and sieve the curds.
- Add the salt and olive oil for flavour.
- Blend the warm curds until it becomes creamy.
- Let the cream cheese cool down for ten minutes.
- Transfer the cream cheese to a baking sheet and cover it.
- Refrigerate it for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Blend it while the curd is still hot will make it easier for the curds to break down in the blender.
- Don’t stir too much when the milk is curdling.
- If your cream cheese still has granules, blend it for another few more minutes.
- Don’t use low fat, or skimmed milk as cream cheese making requires high fat content.
- The higher the fat content, the higher the curd contents you’ll get.
- If your cream cheese is dry, you can add some of the liquid whey or cream to make it smoother.
- You can substitute olive oil with sunflower oil, canola oil and hazelnut oil.
- Aside from salt, you can season it with herbs, or even sugar to sweeten it up.
- If you want to add some fresh herbs, make sure the blended cream cheese has cooled down. Adding fresh herbs directly when the cheese is hot will brown the herbs. But if you’re adding dried herbs, it is okay to add it directly onto the cheese.
- You can add nuts such as walnuts and almonds for extra texture and taste.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: How To Make Condensed Milk