The main base of mayonnaise is just egg yolks and oil! Once you get the knack of making your own homemade mayonnaise, you will love it a lot! Just two egg yolks are enough to make a bowl of mayonnaise!
- Glass Bowl
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp Teaspoon of Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tablespoon of Mustard
- ½ tsp Half Teaspoon of Pepper
- 220 ml Vegetable Oil
- A Pinch of Salt
- Add egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, pepper and salt into a glass bowl.
- Blend it until it becomes frothy.
- Begin adding the oil gradually as you blend the mixture.
- Keep on adding the oil while blending until the mayonnaise becomes thicker.
- Use a glass bowl. A metal bowl can make the mayonnaise have a green tinge to it.
- Make sure your egg is at room temperature, not cold. Cold eggs will make it harder to emulsify.
- It is best to use just the egg yolks, instead of whole eggs as the egg whites will make your mayonnaise have a raw egg aftertaste.
- Aside from sunflower oil, you can use other flavourless oil such as corn oil, and groundnut oil. Olive oil and extra virgin olive oil can give a good bitter aftertaste to the mayonnaise, which is preferable to some people.
- You can mix the mixture manually by using a whisk, but you should add the oil gradually and slowly to prevent splitting of the ingredients.
- If your mayonnaise is still runny, add some extra oil and blend it again.
- If your mayonnaise seems oily, you can add a splash of water, vinegar or lemon juice and blend it again so that it will emulsify better.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: How To Make Farmer’s Cheese