Whether it is served cold or hot, soy milk is one of the best drinks! It’s creamy, filling and delicious! So why don’t you make your own homemade soy milk at home today? It’s very easy to make and you can adjust its sweetness on your own too!
Soy Milk Recipe
- 300 g Soybeans
- 700 ml Water (For Soaking and Rinsing)
- Soak the soybeans in water for one to two days in an airtight glass jar.
- Drain the beans.
- Transfer the beans to a bowl of fresh water.
- Rub the beans to remove the skin of the beans.
- Drain the beans and transfer it to the blender.
- Add 600 ml of water to the blender.
- Blend the beans finely.
- Strain it using a muslin cloth or cheesecloth.
- Boil the soymilk on high heat for a few minutes. Keep stirring while boiling.
- Turn the heat to low heat and let it simmer for half an hour.
- Add any sweetener you like, or drink it as it is.
- During the soaking process, if the water level decreases, you can add more water into the container.
- Make sure your container has enough room for the beans to triple their size.
- Some people choose not to soak the soybeans for at least 24 hours, but soaking is better because it makes your soy milk easier to digest.
- During boiling and simmering the soy milk, you can remove the bubble on top of the surface. The bubble is actually scum which contains impurities.
- For mixing, use a wooden spoon or spatula. Metal spoons may react with the acidity.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: How To Make Oat Milk