Everyone loves fluffy and jiggly cake and this japanese cotton cheesecake is the best or i dare to call it as the master sifu of all jiggly cake. This cake is loved by many and its cheese. I mean who doesn’t like that right? This cheesecake is very light and you can eat the whole cake without even feeling so heavy and full. Good news, I tell you that.
This cake is made using a separated sponge method and it does require a lot of skill to make the batter fully incorporated and you have to make sure that the air that you working on are not deflated during the folding process. The cake must be baked with a water bath method or else you will end up with cracy cake.
- 30 g Cream
- 70 g Cream Cheese
- 20 g Butter
- 25 g Plain Flour / All Purpose Flour
- 8 g Corn Flour/ Corn Starch
- 3 Egg (weighs 58-60 gr. each with shell)
- 50 g Fine Sugar
- In a pan, add cream, cream cheese, butter, flour, cornstarch and 5 egg yolk
- Stir on a low heat until the butter melted and the cream cheese soften
- Using stand mixer, in a bowl add in 5 egg white and 100g sugar
- Beat until stiff peak form
- Pour in the cheese batter into the egg wite batter
- Fold it in until well mixed
- Transfer it into 6 inch baking mold.
- Bake in baterbath oven preheated to 120c for 20 minutes
- Increase the heat after 20 minutes to 150c, and bake for 15 minutes
- Lastly reduce the heat until100c and cook for another 40 minutes
- Once done, open the oven door slightly and let it cool inside the oven for 1 hours.
- Cut and serve
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .