Kek Batik Indulgence is a famous dessert in Malaysia and Indonesia.
It consists of 3 sinful layers which is the biscuit layer, cream cheese and chocolate ganache. It has the biscuit layer but as you cut it, it is very soft. With the combination of chocolate biscuits, cream cheese and chocolate ganache, it is very rich in chocolate, soft and creamy!
Kek Batik Indulgence
- 6 x 6 Square Cake Mould
- Parchment Paper
- Bowl (medium)
- Hand mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand whisk
- 125 gm Butter
- 100 gm Milo
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Full Cream Milk
- 90 gm Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 150 gm Marie Biscuits
- 200 gm Dark Chocolate
- 150 gm Whipping Cream
- 250 gm Cream Cheese
- 50 gm Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- 5 gm Gelatine
- 10 gm Hot Water
Preparing Cookies crust:
- Prepare a 6 x 6 inch square cake mould lined with parchment paper, a bowl, pan, mixer, pot, hand whisk and spatula.
- Make sure you cut the parchment paper a bit longer than needed and let the parchment paper extend over the side of cake mould. So that later, it is easier for you to lift the cake.
- First, in a bowl, crush the marie biscuits into 2 or 3 pieces. Set aside.
- Then take a pan, add in butter and let it melt on low heat.
- After that, add in milo, cocoa powder and vanilla essence. Give it a stir with a hand whisk. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the condensed milk and full cream milk. Mix again until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the crushed marie biscuits into the pan and mix well. Make sure all the biscuits are covered.
- Take your cake mould and pour in the biscuits into it.
- Using a spatula, press all the biscuits evenly and set aside in the fridge.
Preparing Chocolate ganache:
- Place the dark chocolate into a large mixing bowl.
- In a pot, add in the whipping cream and turn on medium heat at your stove.
- Let the whipping cream simmer and turn off the heat.
- Pour the whipping cream into the dark chocolate and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- After that, give a stir and make sure all the chocolate is melted and there are no chunks.
- Set aside. Now, we can prepare cream cheese.
Preparing Cream cheese:
- First, bloom the gelatine by pouring in the hot water into gelatine and give it a stir until the gelatine is melted.
- In a bowl, add in cream cheese. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until it softens.
- Then, add in condensed milk and continue mixing until all is well combined.
- After that, pour in the whipping cream and mix again.
- Then, add in gelatine and mix again for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Take out the biscuits from the fridge, then pour in the cream cheese mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After that, take out from the fridge again and pour in the chocolate ganache.
- Using a spatula, make the surface if the chocolate ganache is even. Set in the fridge overnight.
- For cutting tips, remove the cake from the mould, and make sure you soak the knife in the hot water and wipe. Then it will be easy for you to cut the cake! Your kek batik indulgence is now ready to eat!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Melting Mango Cheesecake Recipe