5 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS is all you need! So let’s get to the recipe!
- 300g fresh yellowtail fish (other fish can be used too, but this is recommended)
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- ½ – ¾ cup cold water
- Gather the flesh of the fish. Pro tip: Use a ceramic scoop to scrape it out easily.
2. Blend it for a few minutes until it becomes all mashed up.
3. Add cornflour, salt and the white pepper.
4. Blend it until it is well combined then add a little bit of water and blend for a few minutes more.
5. Remove the mixture from the blender. Fold it a few times until it becomes smooth.
6. Grab some of the mixture using your index finger and thumb, let it slide through as shown in the picture, then use a spoon to scoop it up.(THIS IS THE FUN PART!)
7. This is how they would look. Shiny balls hahaha!
8. Place the fish ball in a bowl that is filled with the cold water and about 1 tbsp salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
9. Steam it!
10. It’s ready to be served!
The texture is so nice! Doink doink!
You can enjoy them with soup or noodles!
Credits for this delicious and simple recipe goes to Tahrunnisah Jali.