I’m sure I’m not the only one who is missing their delicious curry mee.
We all have that one restaurant we love to go to where the uncle serves our favourite curry mee! And nothing could be more satisfying!
Well if you really miss it since you can’t go out now during the lockdown, this recipe may make your day! It is as close as it can be to the ones in the restaurants! Have a look!
- Clams / Diced Chicken
- Coconut milk
- Fish balls
- Fried fuchuk
- Fried tofu
- Yellow noodles
- Boiled egg
- Long beans
- Bean sprouts
- Pounded chili
- Spices: curry powder, turmeric powder and black pepper
- For extra flavor: palm sugar (gula melaka) and salt
- Garnish : lime, sliced red chillies, chinese parsley, fried onions
Ingredients to blend:
- 3 red onions
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp coriander and cumin
- Slice of ginger
- Lemon grass
- Prawns (about 7 pieces will do)
- Blend the ingredients well then add pounded chilli to the mixture.
2. Add in the spices. (3 tbsp curry powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder and pinch of black pepper)
3. Heat and mix it over a low heat.
4. Add some water to the mixture.
5. To give it extra flavor, add about a cube of palm sugar and ⅓ tbsp salt
6. Now add the clams and diced chicken.
7. Put a lid over the pot and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
8. Pour in the 3 cups of coconut milk and 1 cup of water. You may change the ratio a little to suit your desired curry consistency. You may also add a little salt or sugar if you like more flavor. A chicken stock cube could also be added.
9. Add in the cooked fish balls, fried fuchuk and fried tofu and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
10. Then it’s time to add the cooked noodles in a bowl, pour over the mixture and plate it with the remaining ingredients!
11. Grab some chopsticks and enjoy!
Just look at those colors, this is why it is so appetizing! I’m already drooling right now, so gotta go grab something to eat. Good luck making it!