Image credit: Taste of home
“Mousse au chocolat” is French for chocolate mousse. Ask anyone to describe a chocolate mousse and they will generally answer with a texture adjective “fluffy” or “airy.” Taste the sweetness of this classic dessert with every bite you take. Try to make your own semisweet chocolate mousse with this easy recipe today.
Semisweet Chocolate Mousse
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth. Then, stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; and stir in the vanilla extract. Quickly transfer to a small bowl. Stir occasionally until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Then, add in sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and raspberries.
Recipe credit: Taste of home