Who could possibly resist a delicious silky chocolate tart? This Silky Chocolate Tart recipe is almost every chocolate lover’s dream. This tart is baked to perfection and topped with a silky chocolate glaze with some sprinkles of sea salt that gives a hint of saltiness with a rich chocolatey filling and a crispy crunch from the sugar crust.
Silky Chocolate Tart
- Induction/ Stove
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer/ Stand mixer
- Round Tart Mould 8” x 8” x 3”
- 230 g Butter
- 225 g Castor Sugar
- 1 nos Egg (Grade B)
- 290 g All Purpose Flour
- 15 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 80 g Water
- 115 g Butter
- 1 tsp Nescafe Power
- 170 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Castor Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 nos Eggs (Grade A)
- 80 g Dark Chocolate
- 55 g Whip Cream
- ½ tsp Butter
- Sea Salt Flake (For Serving)
- Beat the butter and castor sugar together using low speed until incorporated.
- Add in egg and stir just until it well combined.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Mould it into a disk shape and wrap with plastic film, and keep in the fridge until it harden a bit (easy to handle, not sticky to hand) for around 20 minutes.
- About ¼ inch thick, shape into the mould (8” x 8” x 3”) and poke holes at the base of the dough. Bake at 170°C for 15 minutes (half-bake).
- After the crust has baked, let it slightly cool on the wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the pan over high heat, combine the water and butter, and bring to a boil.
- Add the nescafe powder and stir until dissolved.
- Add the chocolate, sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl and pour the hot butter mixture over it.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is glossy.
- Add the eggs and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked shell. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until chocolate is mostly set but the center jiggles slightly.
- Cool the tart for at least 30 minutes, or until cool to touch.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the whip cream and bring to simmer.
- Pour into a bowl of dark chocolate, and stir it well until melts.
- Add in butter, and continue stir.
- Pour the chocolate glaze on top of chocolate tart, and let it set for a while.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes to enhance the taste.
- Slice it, and ready to serve!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Almond Banana Cakese Recipe