Sponge cake is the mother of the cake, it is the most basic cake recipe. For those who are new into baking it is one of the must learn cake. This cake is using a genoise method which is beating the egg yolk mixture over a water bath so that after baking the cake won’t drop. During the making of this cake it is crucial to make sure all of the cake batter are really well incorporated and there are no flour lump left behind.
- 187 g Cake Flour
- 187 g Castor Sugar
- 281 g Eggs
- 62.5 g Corn Oil
- In a water bath bowl, add in sugar and egg and whisk until the sugar dissolve and the temperature around 42 celsius.
- Once warm, beat it using a stand mixer or hand whisk. Beat until super fluffy
- Once fluffy, incorporate the flour slowly a little at a time
- After finish adding the flour, fold in corn oil
- Transfer it in 2 6 inch baking pan
- Bake in a 180c preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the toothpick came out clean.
- Cut it into the desired thickness.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Also Read: Peanut Butter Cookies
Don’t Miss Out: Cake pandan
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .