WHAT IS SORBET?
In case you don’t already know what this awesome dessert is, a sorbet is similar to ice cream and gelato in the sense that they are frozen desserts. The difference is – it has no dairy.
The primary ingredients are fruits, sugar and water. So lactose intolerant people, you can enjoy this without worries!
Without further ado, let’s get to how to make it!
HOW TO MAKE A SORBET?
- 3-4 cups of fresh fruits of your choice
- 3-4 tablespoons of sugar syrup / 2 tablespoons of raw honey (healthier alternative)
- 1 cup of water
- 1-4 tablespoons of freshly-squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Wash thoroughly and dry the fruits.
- Cut the fruits into small cubes of bite-sized pieces. (You don’t have to do this if you are using berries, since they are already small in size)
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spread the cut fruits evenly. Place them in the freezer for about 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen fruits in a blender then add the sugar syrup or raw honey. You may add some lemon juice if you like.
- Blend the ingredients well until it is smooth.
- Transfer your delicious sorbet into a bowl and serve immediately. You may also choose to store them in a container to be enjoyed later. They can last up to a month in the freezer.
- You can top it with fresh fruits and fruit syrup if you’re feeling fancy hehe.
TIPS TO ENSURE PERFECT TASTING SORBET
Fresh fruits is the way to go
Since the primary ingredient in a sorbet is the fruits, it will majorly impact the taste of your sorbet. So be sure to pick the freshest of them all!
When life gives you lemons, add it to your sorbet
Freshly squeezed lemon juice will elevate the taste of your sorbet. This is of course optional, but if you can, do add it!
That’s all you need to know about making a pleasant sorbet! Super easy right? Go ahead, try and enjoy!