How do you elevate your bread or bun to new levels of pillow-y softness? The answer: Tanzhong Bun — the quick and easy recipe to softer, more tender buns. You’d end up ditching your average buns for this Asian bun.
Tanzhong Buns are so squishy someone could mistake them as a squishy toy (though, we only recommend them for eating hehe) Enjoy!
- Combine all of the ingredients and whisk it on a small heat until thickens and turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, add flour, Yeast sugar, salt, melted butter, egg, milk powder and give it a couple of mixing.
- Add the first mixture.
- Knead for 15 minutes by hand or 8 minutes by stand mixer with hook attachment on.
- Let it rise for about an hour
- Once it risen, divide it into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll the piece into a rectangle and gently roll it into a ball.
- Do the same for the remaining pieces and put it into baking pan
- Let it rest for 45 minutes and egg wash it.
- Bake in the oven in 180°c oven for 30 minutes or golden brown
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Up Next: Halloween Cake Recipe
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!