Bubur Cha Cha is a Malaysian Nyonya dessert with yam, sweet potato and sago in a sweet creamy coconut milk base. In this recipe, we will be tweaking a local dessert in a cake to satisfy your cravings and you also do this during this fasting month for you and your family to enjoy during break fasting.
Taro Sago Cheesecake
- Hand mixer
Taro Cheesecake Batter
- 200 g Cream Cheese
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 nos Egg
- 220 ml Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Taro Emulco
- 100 g White Chocolate
- 100 g Coconut Cream
Sago Coconut Panna Cotta
- 100 ml Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 5 g Gelatine Powder
- 15 ml Water
- 80 g Cooked Sago
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Dessicated Coconut
- Combine both coconut cream and white chocolate and microwave it until it has fully melted.
- Stir it until it is combined. Transfer to piping bag.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sugar and taro emulco. Cream it until well combined.
- Add in eggs, continue creaming it.
- Lastly add in sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer into a piping bag, pipe it half into silicone mould, then pipe coconut ganache in the middle, and another layer of taro cheese batter about ¾ full.
- Pour some water on a baking tray and steam bake it at 160c for 45mins.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- For sago panna cotta, bloom gelatine powder and water together.
- In a pot, bring coconut cream, sugar, salt and bloomed gelatine to a simmer and then off heat and pour over cooked sago.
- Use a spoon and place them on the baked cheesecake and freeze it overnight.
- Unmold while it is frozen and transfer them into the chiller.
- You can do it in a 5’’ baking pan if you do not have a silicone mould. All methods are the same.
- You can double the recipe if you are doing it in a bigger cake pan.
- Always remember to freeze your cake in order to unmold it from the cake pan.
- You can substitute taro emulco with other flavouring.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Hong Kong Egg Tart Recipe