So, it took me a while to find out that IKEA used to serve this delicious, gooey, chocolatey cake and unfortunately, I missed out. I went to visit their cafe before this and it’s not there anymore. If you’re like me and you missed out the chance to try this awesome Swedish chocolate cake called Kladdkaka, don’t worry, here’s a recipe simple for you to make your own! If you love fudgy, gooey cake, this one’s for you.
Gooey Swedish Chocolate Cake
Image credit: Food Tribe
- 60 g
- 265 g
- 1 pinch
- 115 g Melted
- 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract Powdered sugar(for topping)
- Start preheating the oven to 180°C.
- Line the bottom of your springform cake pan with baking paper before greasing the paper and the sides of the pan.
- In a bowl, start whisking the sugar and eggs together.
- Sift in the flour, salt and cocoa powder into the mixture and fold until combined.
- Proceed to add in the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Time to pour in the batter and smooth it out in the cake pan.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or until the top seems to set. This cake is supposed to be soft and gooey in the center.
- Once it’s baked, place it onto a plate and finish it off by dusting with powdered sugar. (Optional: You can also top it off with a scoop of your favorite ice cream!)
Recipe credit belongs to Tasty.co!