Don’t you hate it when the chicken you bought starts to give off a funky odor? It makes you cringe and you might even lose your motivation to cook.
Here is what you should do to prevent this.
TIPS TO STORE YOUR CHICKEN
- If you got your chicken delivered instead of buying it yourself, first check if it is in a good condition. If not, GET A REFUND. This is why it’s important to always check any ingredients you ordered online.
2. Then comes the most important part, washing it before putting it in the refrigerator. Do not directly put it in the fridge with the plastic bag. This is because it is vital to clean the dirt and blood that may be on the chicken. It is what actually causes that stinky odor.
3. Once you have thoroughly washed it, it is recommended to cut it according to the sizes you would like to serve it. This makes it easy for you to throw out any IF there are any parts that may have rotten. Plus, it’s so much easier and faster to prepare when you are going to cook. Perfect for people with a busy lifestyle!
4. Then you may place them into zip lock bags or air tight plastic containers.
5. Now the SECRET – add in a few pieces of pandan leaves. Recommended 3-4 pieces.
6. Optional: You can also wrap it up with a newspaper.
7. When you are ready to cook it, simply take it out! It should smell just fine and still look fresh.
Now you can ensure your chicken is stored well.
Enjoy staying at home by making these:
Tell Me You Tried One of These! Ultimate Dalgona Coffee Recipes and Variations
You Won’t Believe This How This Was Made – The Lockdown Pudding
Best And Easiest Cocktail Recipes You Can Make At Home
Soft Inside Crunchy Outside: The Easiest Fried Potato Balls Recipe Kids Will Love
In Just 10 Minutes! This Is How You Make TASTY CHUTNEY
Just Like The Ones At The ‘Pasar Malam’: You Can Now Enjoy Apam Balik At Home
Other articles you will love:
New to baking? Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Your Dad Will Love These Cakes! 30 Creative Father’s Day Cake Ideas
This Is How You Should: Store Chicken To Make It Last Longer
Please Stop Making These Mistakes: Biscuit Baking Tips You Must Know!
This Is How You Get Super Fluffy Omelets (You Will Wish You Knew This Sooner)
LASTS UP TO MONTHS! This Is How You Should Be Keeping Your Curry Leaves