If you are a fan of ikan bilis also known as anchovies, you would definitely appreciate it when they are crispier! It adds that tasty crunch to your meal!
So if you would like to ensure that when you cook them, be sure to use this USEFUL TIP!
The secret ingredient to add is VINEGAR!
So how do you do it?
- First wash the anchovies well, then drain the excess water. Leave it to dry off for at least 2 hours. (Some people are scared to wash it, because they are worried about making the anchovies soft. However, this should not be a concern though. Plus, you should definitely ALWAYS wash ingredients cleanly before eating. ESPECIALLY MEAT OR SEAFOOD.)
2. Then heat up your pan. Without using any oil, add in the anchovies and saute them for a little while.
3. Add the vinegar into the pan. Pour in as much as you think is appropriate according to the amount of anchovies being cooked.
4. Mix the vinegar and anchovies well. (you can mix with your hands too if the pan is not too hot)
5. Then take them out of the pan. Add in some oil and turn up the heat. Wait till the oil is really heated up and bubly, then add in the anchovies and fry them.
6. Once they appear to look golden brown, you can take them out.
7. You are done!
Try it now and get crispier anchovies everytime!
Enjoy staying at home by making these:
Tell Me You Tried One of These! Ultimate Dalgona Coffee Recipes and Variations
Want A Home Cafe Experience? Check out 10 Cafe Worthy Recipes
Best And Easiest Cocktail Recipes You Can Make At Home
Try This If You’re Bored At Home During Quarantine
In Just 10 Minutes! This Is How You Make TASTY CHUTNEY
Just Like The Ones At The ‘Pasar Malam’: You Can Now Enjoy Apam Balik At Home
Other articles you will love:
New to baking? Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Your Dad Will Love These Cakes! 30 Creative Father’s Day Cake Ideas
6 Insects That Are Actually Good For Your Garden (No.5 Might Be Hard To Accept)
Ladies Will Love No.7: 9 Awesome Ways To Use Lemon For A Sparkly Clean Kitchen
You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is To Wash Oily Dishes Now
LASTS UP TO MONTHS! This Is How You Should Be Keeping Your Curry Leaves