Image Credit: desaseni
WHY YOU SHOULD BE DRINKING TURMERIC JUICE?
IT’S GOING TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
Especially useful since we are fighting a pandemic! Turmeric contains lipopolysaccharide which is a substance that works to stimulate your immune system. Turmeric is also known to be a naturally amazing antibiotic due to its antimicrobial properties.
IT’S GOING TO GIVE YOU AWESOME SKIN
Filled with antioxidants, it is going to do wonders! Making a turmeric paste and using it as a face mask is going to get rid of pimples and dark spots. Add some honey and you’re going to get a beautiful, glowing skin. It also helps to heal wounds faster.
IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR COGNITIVE FUNCTION
Curcumin in turmeric helps to reduce inflammation. It dissolves abnormal proteins and protects your brain cells. This is great for fighting Alzhiemers. Moreover, it is a natural mood enhancer.
SO HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY MAKE IT?
- First, you need to blend the turmeric.
2. After blending, add the turmeric with some water into a pot and boil it over the stove. Extra info: Cooking it in the boiling water will make it easier for the nutrients to be absorbed into the blood.
3. Boil it for no longer than 10 minutes. Extra info: According to studies, it is best to cook it only for a short span of time. If you cook it for more than 15 minutes, the nutrients in the turmeric will be reduced to 50%. If you grill it, the nutrients are reduced by 70% and frying it reduces the nutrients by 98%. (and that’s a lot!) So it’s best to boil it.
4. When you want to serve it, you can add some cow’s milk or coconut milk. Extra info: Turmeric is lipophilic which means it tends to combine with or dissolve in lipids and fats. So, to increase the absorption of the nutrients in the blood, it would be good to add milk when drinking turmeric juice.
5. Sprinkle some black pepper into the juice to further increase the benefits of the turmeric. Extra info: Black Pepper contains piperine which will increase the bioavailability of the turmeric.
Credits for some of this insightful turmeric juice preparation tips goes to Dr Suri Roowi.
Enjoy staying at home by making these:
Tell Me You Tried One of These! Ultimate Dalgona Coffee Recipes and Variations
Just like on TV! The Easiest Macaroni & Cheese
Best And Easiest Cocktail Recipes You Can Make At Home
Try This If You’re Bored At Home During Quarantine
You Won’t Believe: How Easy It Is To Make Dried Lemon Slices
Other articles you will love:
New to baking? Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Your Dad Will Love These Cakes! 30 Creative Father’s Day Cake Ideas
Success Every Time! This Is What You Should Do When Making No-Bake Cakes
We Liked No.11 The Best! You Won’t Believe How Creative These Desserts Are!
Please Stop Making These Mistakes: Biscuit Baking Tips You Must Know!
When To Use & How Spicy It Is: 5 Types Of Dried Chilli You Should Know About