Almost every Malaysian house has dried chilis. Because we love spicy food! However, keeping them and ensuring they last long can be a problem at times. Especially with our hectic lifestyle.
So here’s a way to help you make them last longer. With the help of garlic!
Things you need:
- Dried chilis
- Filtered water
- Wok or frying pan
How to do it:
1. Cut your dried chillies up.
2. Make sure to get rid of the seeds inside.
3. Peel the garlic.
4. Wash the chillies and garlic till it is both clean
5. Lightly fry the dried chilies and garlic in a wok or frying pan. The garlic has anti-fungal properties so it will help make the chill last longer. Plus, having the garlic makes it taste more flavourful.
6. Toss it over into a container and drain any excess liquid out.
7. Once it has been cooled down, grind them together with some filtered water.
8. Keep them in a container then. You’re done!
Credit to this interesting tip goes to Mim Yusof. You can check out her profile here.
If you have any other wonderful tips like these for making your chilies to last longer or other veggies and maybe even kitchen tips, do let us know! Good luck trying it!
New to baking?
Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Get entertained with: Hilarious Attempts on The Latest Trend – Baking
Looking for Tom Yam as hot and spicy as you? Check out 7 Best Tom Yam in Klang Valley
Wanna ‘par-tea’ with boba tea? Check out 10 Most Popular and Tasty Boba Teas in Klang Valley
Planning a trip to Ipoh? Check out Ipoh Food Guide: Recommended by the Locals
Looking for Pink Cakes Decorating Ideas? Check out Easy Pink Cake Decorating Ideas For Girls
Wanna have good Japanese Food at affordable prices? Check out 7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Klang Valley