If you are like me, a busy bee who sometimes buys a lot of kitchen ingredients to cook but end up having no time at all to cook them, only to be saddened more by seeing them rot away in the fridge, worry no longer because I found some solutions that might help us both!
So the magic material here is ALUMINIUM FOIL! SAY WHAAAT?! Yes, I kid you not. How you may ask? Refer below.
Things you need:
- Aluminium foil
- Marker pens
- Your veggies of course!
How to do it:
1. DO NOT WASH YOUR VEGES YET. This is to ensure there is no moisture or that the veggies are damp, as bacteria and mould is more prone to form in such environments.
2. Once you have bought some aluminium foil, cut them into appropriate pieces according to your veggies. Example for huge ones like cabbage, you’re gonna need a bigger sheet. As for long beans, make sure the sheet is long enough. You can also slice the veggies a little so it can fit into the aluminium sheets.
3. Wrap up your beloved veggies with the aluminium foil, ensuring it is sealed up real well.
4. Tip: Ensure that you pack your veggies separately, and use a marker pen to label them. This way you won’t get confused with its contents as you won’t be able to see what’s in it.
5. Once you are ready to cook, open it up, wash the veggies and get cooking!
Credit to this awesome tip goes to Eyfa Emir. You can check out her profile here.
If you have any other wonderful tips like these for storing vegetables longer or other kitchen tips, do let us know! Happy Cooking!
New to baking?
Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Get entertained with: Hilarious Attempts on The Latest Trend – Baking
Looking for Tom Yam as hot and spicy as you? Check out 7 Best Tom Yam in Klang Valley
Wanna ‘par-tea’ with boba tea? Check out 10 Most Popular and Tasty Boba Teas in Klang Valley
Planning a trip to Ipoh? Check out Ipoh Food Guide: Recommended by the Locals
Looking for Pink Cakes Decorating Ideas? Check out Easy Pink Cake Decorating Ideas For Girls
Wanna have good Japanese Food at affordable prices? Check out 7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Klang Valley