This crispy snack is heavenly when paired with a sambal kicap. It is crispy and addictive, surely one bowl isn’t enough.
Tofu Kriuk-Kriuk Crispy
- 20 nos Tofu Puffs
- 100 g Tempura Flour
- 200 ml Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
Easy Sambal Kicap:
- 100 ml Sweet Soy Sauce
- 13 nos Birds Eye Chilli
- 4 cloves Whole Garlic
- TT Salt
- TT Sugar
- Score the tofu puffs with a pair of scissors and turn them inside out.
- Then mix the tempura flour, cold water and chilli powder in a bowl.
- Dip the tofu puffs into the batter and shake to remove any excess batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil, until it is crispy and light golden brown.
- Remove from oil and sprinkle with little salt.
- For the Sambal Kicap, fry the bird's eye chilli and garlic with little oil until the chilli is fragrant and the garlic is soft.
- Then pound the chilli and garlic with a pestle and mortar until it is close to fine.
- Combine with the soy sauce, season with salt and sugar.
Tips and guides:
- You can also fry this in an air fryer. Set the air fryer at 180c and fry it for 10-12 mins.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Satay Paratha Recipe