If you have leftover ripe banana, don’t leave them to rot just yet! They are best to be used for this Upside Down Banana Cake recipe. Though there’s no wrong in using the normal bananas, it is better to use ripe bananas only because it tastes sweeter and tastier. Perfect as an afternoon hi-tea dessert with your family, this recipe is very easy to follow.
Upside Down Banana Cake
- 5 nos Banana
- 400 g Sugar
- 125 ml Water
- 3 nos Eggs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 200 g Sugar
- 240 g Flour
- 240 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Peel the bananas and slice into half.
- Layout the bottom of the mold with bananas.
- Put 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and boil into caramel color, low heat, and slowly cook until it turns to maroon colour.
- Pour the caramel on the bananas.
- Add 3 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp butter, and use beater to mix it well. After that, add 1 cup of milk and mix it again.
- Add 2 cups flour, 1 tbsp baking powder and continue to mix it. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Pour the dough onto bananas and bake for 35 minutes at 180C.
- Put a board on top of the mold and turn upside down.
Did you make this recipe?
Prepare to have your taste buds exploded with the sweet banana caramelized taste. Enjoy ~. With the right instructions, baking is super easy and enjoyable! However, if you have any confusions or inquiries, we are always ready to help, don’t hesitate to ask for our help join and ask for the opinions of our helpful community! Both lines are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .