As long as you have a pack of cornstarch at home, you can make these 7 delicious foods yourself! From desserts to a delicious dish for lunch or dinner!
9 layer cake
- 40 g Rice flour
- 40 g Corn starch
- 40 g Coconut milk
- 130 g Tapioca flour
- 130 g Castes sugar
- 680 ml ( 1 coconut + water )
- Food colouring ( based on individual preferences )
- Filter all the powder, add in caster sugar and coconut milk, stir evenly.
- team a 7 inch brushed oil steaming pan.
- Distribute the batter into 7 parts, 2 parts without any food colouring. Therest with different colours each.
- Place the first coloured batter into the steaming pan and steam it for 3mins, slowly place second different coloured batter and steam it for 3mins. Repeat it until the last batter and steam it for 15 mins.
- Take out the 9 layer cake, cool it down and serve.
Fried Potato Pancakes
- Black pepper
- 4 Potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 25 g Rice flour
- 10 g Corn starch
- Garlic powder reasonable amount
- Remove the potato skin, clean it, cut to pieces and place it in a bowl.
- Cook over high heat for 20 minutes. Take out and put it aside.
- Add on salt, rice flour, cornstarch to the potatoes and mix it evenly,later on add garlic powder, black pepper, mix it evenly, then use a cling film (easier to make), mould the potatoes into an oval shape, after moulding, remove the cling film.
- Use hot oil to fry the potato until it becomes golden brown.
Glutinous peanut balls
- 1 tbsp Salad oil
- 20 g Corn starch
- 40 g Berry sugar
- 3.4 cups Warm water
- 125 g Glutinous rice flour
Peanut brittle :
- Peanut ( reasonable amount )
- Fine sugar ( reasonable amount )
- Use an oven to ripen the peanuts, can be cooked ripe also, remove the peanut skin when cooled, place the removed ripe peanut and fine sugar into the blender to break it, around 1 mins, the peanut brittle is ready.
- Mix glutinous rice flour, corn starch, and sugar together. Slowly add in warm waterand stir it into paste.
- Pour 1 tbsp of salad oil into the nonstick fry pan and then place it into the steaming pot til it ripens (it is ripe when the paste does not come out with a toothpick).
- Take out to cool, stir it with a rolling pin, it helps in making the Glutinous Peanut Ballsmore squishy.
- Take it out and place on the brushed oil flat pan, use chopsticks to cut it into smallpieces. Apply the peanut brittle on it, done!
Corn Mung bean cake
- ½ tsp Salt
- 700 ml Water
- 300 g Corn Sauce
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 60 g Granulated sugar
- 100 g Mung bean powder
- 2 Pandan leaves ( wash and cut to pieces )
- Stir all the ingredients A above evenly.
- When the pot is slightly hot, add in powder sauce and pandan leaves.Use medium small fire to cook the mixture till its sticky (around 8-9 minutes).
- Turn off the fire, remove pandan leaves, put the cooked mixture into 6 small bowl/ mould, knock it flat.
- Place it in refrigerator and cool it down for about 3 hours.
- Remove the corn mung bean cake from the mould, enjoy!
Chee cheong fun
- 250 ml Water
- 150 g Rice flour
- 350 ml Hot water
- 1/2 small spoon Salt
- 2 big spoon Corn starch
- 6 Removed shell fresh prawn
- Mix well all the ingredients (except hot water), then only pour the hotwater, mix till the batter is smooth.
- Place a plate into the steamer and steam it for 2 mins, take out, apply some butter in it.
- After mixing up the batter, scope one spoon into the plate, steam 4-5 mins or until the batter rises unevenly.
- Take out the plate, after cooling down, use a spatula to roll it into strips.
- When it cooled down after steaming, cover it with fresh prawn, roll it up and steam it for 1 min.
- Lastly, top it with your favourite sauces and it is done!
Crunchy creamy butter chicken
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Small chilli pepper
- Evaporated milk
- Clean the chicken and drain it dry, add suitable amount of cornstarch, small amount ofturmeric powder and salt, marinate it for half an hour.
- After marinated, dip the chicken into the cornstarch, cover it with a layer of cornstarch.
- Then, place it in pan with hot oil to fry. Fried until it becomes golden brown, take out the filtered oil, put it aside for later. Wash the curry leaves, mince the garlic, and cut the small chilli pepper into pieces, 1 tbsp of butter and a can of evaporated milk.
- Put 1 tbsp of butter into the pan, after it melts, add in curry leaves, garlic and small chilli peppers.
- Pour evaporated milk, cook until it boils, add in fried chicken and mix it.
- Last, add a small amount of sugar and salt to flavour it, based on personal preference. Mixand it is done!
- Soy sauce
- 50 g Carrot
- Cooking wine
- Soup stock
- 350 g Soft tofu
- 100 g Broccoli
- 20 g Cornstarch
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetarian Mushroom
- Cut the soft tofu into thick slices, dip in some cornstarch
- Preheat the oil in a frying pan, after dipping it in cornstarch, place it in the pan one by one, fry it with low heat, fry till golden brown on 2 sides, take out and put it aside for later.
- Don't waste the oil left in the pan, put in minced ginger and saute, add in the fried tofu later on.
- Pour in 2 big spoons of soy sauce, 2 tsp granulated sugar, 1/2 big spoons of vegetarian mushroom soy sauce, 1 big spoon of cooking wine, X cups of soup stock. After cooking it over a large fire, you can turn it to low heat, no lid is required
- Use another pot to boil water, boil up the carrot, then boil the broccoli to half ripe.
- Wait till the sauce in the frying pan is dense and creamy, add in the boiled carrot and broccoli, and serve!
Excuse me, while I go try the Fried Potato Pancakes.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Use Custard Powder to Make These 7 Delicious Foods
Up Next: Use Cheese Slices to Make These 9 Delicious Foods
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!